Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service means saving and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to own a blog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular file storage providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the workload between individual groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share a large number of images with mates or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your e-mail accounts. Some firms provide webspace hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many video clips as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to have a web site. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, etc. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for particular web content exclusively.